In December 2019, a total of 70 bench and 30 office workplaces will be available to life science start-ups in Vienna. Apply as of May 1, 2019!
Start-ups will be able to rent affordable and flexible workplaces totaling more than 1,100m² in the heart of the Vienna BioCenter and enjoy joint use of the equipment and facilities provided. This offer is intended primarily for start-ups carrying out research and development in the fields of biochemistry, biomedicine, biotechnology, genetics, molecular biology and pharmaceutics.
The start-up labs will feature a range of equipment, including:
- Centrifuges, vortexers, mixers & heat blocks, scales & pH meters
- PCR, SDS-PAGE & agarose gel electrophoresis, imaging
- Bacterial incubators & shakers
- BSL2 cell culture facilities, including sterile workbenches, CO2 incubators & microscopes
- Reagent-grade distilled water, liquid nitrogen
- -80°C & -20°C freezers, fridges and storage for material & consumables
- Autoclave, dish washer, ice machine
- Information technology & telecommunications
BI Innovation Prize – Austria
Boehringer Ingelheim supports selected start-ups by paying their lab and office rent in the new space available at the Vienna BioCenter for up to 12 months. Companies interested in this offer are invited to apply after being granted access to the Start-up Labs. Approach Boehringer Inglheim with a non-confidential summary of your business plan (2 pages) or a pitch slide deck (5-10 slides). Start-ups whose applications have been approved will also gain access to Boehringer Ingelheim’s extensive biopharmaceutical expertise, if desired. Further background information is included in the slides.