What is CARLIS career matchmaking?
- Matchmaking event for PhD students and employers in the life science sector in region of Bratislava and Vienna.
- Focus of the event is on employers beyond academia, especially the innovative companies in private sector.
- The event should help researchers explore career opportunities outside academia and provide employers with access to research talents in the region.
- Matchmaking will be a preceded by the final conference of the CARLIS project focusing on how to prepare PhD students for careers beyond academia. Participants in the matchmaking event can but do not have to join the conference.
Who will participate?
- Al least 20 companies from life science sector in region of Bratislava and Vienna
- At least 50 early career researchers from Comenius University in Bratislava, Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava, Slovak Academy of Sciences and University of Vienna
- Professionals supporting career development of researchers and collaboration between academia and private sector
- Other stakeholders from regional innovation eco-system and the life-science sector (associations, initiatives, regional authorities, R&I funding organisations)
Structure of the event
The event will provide companies with multiple opportunities for presenting their activities and networking:
- Career fair: companies will have a possibility to set up the career fair tables and present their activities and career opportunities to all events participants.
- One-to-one meetings: companies and researchers will have an opportunity to set up one-to-one meetings to discuss possible collaborations in more details.
- Online support for matchmaking: Possibility to access the profiles and contact participants after the event ends.
- Informal networking with other companies: Official part of the event will be followed by the informal get-together.
How to register
Registration for the matchmaking event is possible via this platform: https://carlis-r2b.b2match.io
The event is free of charge for all participants, including companies.
About the CARLIS project
The matchmaking event is one of the activities of CARLIS project. The project aims to contribute to improvement of doctoral education, better collaboration between the academic and business sector and retention of talents in the region of Vienna-Bratislava. This should be achieved through developing tools and institutional capacities for delivery of inter-sectoral career training preparing PhD students for career paths beyond academia with specific focus on life sciences. Project activities include mapping the non-academic labour market for researchers and identification of skills gap, designing a comprehensive training programme, testing the programme and evaluating its outcomes and creating the cross-border community of practice on career development of PhD students. The project lasts from November 2020 to December 2022. Learn more at https://carlis.saia.sk/en.
For additional information including bus transfer from Vienna to Bratislava please contact the project management Vienna: barbara.litsauer(at)univie.ac.at