Building on the experience of the European Union (EU) Task Force for Industrial Scale-up of COVID-19 vaccines and therapeutics, the European Commission (EC) continues to facilitate cooperation between actors in the EU supply chain to ensure that available therapeutics are produced in sufficient quantity as soon as possible.
To support the industry, the Commission organises the Second Virtual Matchmaking Event on COVID-19 Therapeutics, which aims to accelerate:
- The development of new and repurposed medicines for COVID-19 therapeutics, i.e. medicines specifically developed for an indication in treatment of COVID-19, at all stages of COVID-19 disease;
- The development of medicines used to treat the symptoms of COVID-19;
- The production of disposable materials (e.g. single use systems), ingredients and raw materials required for the manufacture of medicinal products; and
- Mobilise the EU pharma manufacturing capacity for the production of medicines to treat or prevent COVID-19.
The event will take place virtually (through B2Match) on the 29th November (Monday) and 30th November (Tuesday) 2021, in partnership with the Council of European BioRegions (CEBR) and the European Clusters Alliance (ECA). ECA and CEBR will also be our partners running the EU survey to assess EU capacities for COVID-19 therapeutics production. Logistical support is provided by GROW’s European Cluster Collaboration Platform (ECCP).
The target group of this event is the entire EU COVID-19 therapeutics supply chain having development and/or production facilities in the EU. The event is open to EU companies and non-EU companies with research/production facilities in the European Union Member States (including companies in the portfolio of 10 most promising treatments COVID-19 Therapeutics Strategy (europa.eu), and companies in the European Economic Area.
- Preparatory live webinar - Tuesday, 9th November, 2021
9h - 9:30h CET ‘The EU Strategy for COVID19 therapeutics: matching capacities to increase production’. Speakers from the Task Force of Industrial Scale Up of COVID19 Vaccines and Therapeutics (DG GROW) and the Directorate General of Health and Food Safety (DG SANTE) of the European Commission.
Join the webinar here.
- DAY 1 - Monday, 29th November, 2021
9:00h - 12:00h (CET) - Launch of the EU matchmaking event on COVID19 Therapeutics: Experts seminar
13:00h - 17:00h (CET) - Matchmaking meetings
- DAY 2 - Tuesday, 30th November, 2021
09:00 - 17:00h (CET) - Matchmaking meetings