- Do you want to join the CeMM Faculty, an international group of highly collaborative and supportive colleagues, who help you to achieve your goals?
- Are you fascinated by the inner workings of cells and biological systems and look for a place where intellectual rigor and curiosity are matched by inventive multidisciplinary approaches to deepen your investigations?
- Do you want to power-up your medically-oriented research with cutting-edge technologies?
- Do you want to obtain, secure, navigate and interpret big high-dimensional data to drive science and network medicine?
- Do you want to become a successful innovator and translate your findings to impact medical practice?
The research area
This position is perfectly suited for highly professional and passionate scientists who work on an important problem of molecular medicine, preferably but not exclusively, pertaining to high resolution cell biology, imaging, molecular pharmacology, cancer biology, infection biology, inflammation, hematopoiesis, hematological malignancies, vascular disorders, genome integrity, epigenetics, bioinformatics, systems biology.
Whom we are looking for
CeMM is looking for MD and/or PhD scientists at their first independent appointment to apply their expertise close to a clinical setting. Required are scientific quality and originality, a successful track record of scientific achievements and profound expertise in a particular research field. Leadership skills, creativity, curiosity as well as a collaborative and interdisciplinary mindset are important ingredients to complete our new faculty member’s profile.
CeMM, the Research Center for Molecular Medicine of the Austrian Academy of Sciences is an international top research institute doing highly cooperative frontier research in molecular medicine, combining a deep understanding of the molecular machinery of the cell with pathophysiology in a unique medical setting ideal for the development of innovative translational ideas. Our institute is located in Vienna, Austria’s capital city and the world’s best city to live. The vigorous, strong partnership with the Medical University and the location in the middle of one of the world’s largest hospital is a unique asset. And together with the partnering institutes, such as the Ludwig Boltzmann Institute for Rare and Undiagnosed Disease and the St. Anna Cancer Research Institute, we might also be interested in identifying positions for your partner.
For more information and application details please have a look at: CeMM Starting PI announcement (PDF)